- Update on Writing Projects: Bev and I have made progress on our Minnesota mystery set in 1960. We will soon have comments from beta readers that include a women’s book club on Long Lake near Bemidji, MN … located not far from the fictitious town of Loon Lake. We are looking forward to critiques from true Minnesotans! Secrets of Loon Lake is the first in a Minnesota mystery series.
- We began with the concept of a cozy mystery but the book took a few dark turns and isn’t very cozy. A writing friend of mine says it’s as a cross between Lake Wobegon and Psycho. You’ll have to make your decision.
- Secrets will be available on Kindle and in paperback from Amazon (and in local bookstores) in mid-May. In August, we’ll have a number of book signings in Northern MN and will be featured by The Spoken Word at an event on August 23rd at 4 p.m. at Sparkling Waters Restaurant in Bemidji. We hope many of our high school friends and others will join us!
- My friend Mike Potter’s long bicycle ride through South America terminated at Cabo San Lucas at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula. He had a terrific time. Mike returned to MT to spend time with his ill mother who has improved. Following her heart surgery, he’ll be off on another adventure.
Join 389 other subscribers
- 32,057 hits
- A DAY TO REMEMBER August 4, 2022
- SUNRISE IN WHITEFISH August 2, 2022
- NEW BOOK RELEASE July 31, 2022
- Montana Sunrise Book News July 19, 2022
- Does Writer’s Block Exist? May 14, 2021
Top Posts & Pages
Betty Kuffel Author
You are amazing Betty and Bev. I hope to make the book signing time in Minnesota.
Looking forward to our time together. I am returning to home in MN next Wednesday,
April 15th. By then I’m hoping the weather has warmed up for good.
Your old friend, Karen